Top35-Under35CEO Awards: Call for Nominations!
Top35-Under35CEO Awards aims to encourage and promote entrepreneurship amongst young Africans. Annually, the programme will highlight and provide recognition to 35 young entrepreneurs under the age of 35 who are making change happen through their entrepreneurial endeavours.
Who are the young entrepreneurs shaping the future of Africa? These are the people that the Top35-Under35CEO Awards seeks to identify and promote.
Under35CEO Most Enterprising Students.
This is for students that own and run businesses while attending a high school, college or university. 10 student entrepreneurs will be recognized in this category.
Under35CEO Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs.
This category is for Young Entrepreneurs who has been in business for 2 years onward. 10 young entrepreneurs will also be recognized in this category.
Under35CEO Best New Startup Founders.
This is for new startups that has been in existence for 1-2years. 10 new startup founders will be recognized in this category.
Under35CEO Of The Year.
This category will recognize 5 superstar entrepreneurs whose company or projects have impacted life the most, over the past year.
The Awards Information
Criteria for the Under35CEO Most Enterprising Students Category
- The applicant must be an undergraduate student at a recognized high school, college or university for the 2012/2013 academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- The applicant must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation.
- The applicant must be an African citizen who lives and school in Africa.
- The applicant must have been in business for at least the past 6 months.
Criteria for the Under35CEO Most Promising Young Entrepreneur Category, Under35CEO Best New Startup Founders, and Under35CEO Of The Year.
The entrepreneur must be 35 years or younger at the time applications are due.
- Open to entrepreneurs aged 35 and below.
- Applicants must be an African citizen who lives in Africa.
Who can nominate?
Anybody can nominate. You are allowed to nominate yourself or others.
Nomination and judging process:
Nominations will be accepted online starting in October 17th 2013 until December 2nd 2013. The winner will be determined by the Under35CEO Judges with a focus on impact, risk-ability, perseverance, unwavering passion, creativity, leadership skills, innovation and ability to come up with new idea(s) to solve Africa’s or the world’s complex problems.
When will the Top35-Under35CEO list be announced?
The Top35-Under35CEO list will be announced via email and published online on Under35ceo.co and our media sponsors site, on December 28th 2013.